Are you looking for a friendly,professional and highly experienced therapist in Bolton?
I am a professional integrative counsellor, CBT therapist, Hypno-psychotherapist, and Homeopath. I am also a trained supervisor whereby I am responsible for overseeing the clinical aspects of other therapists work and developing them as practitioners. I am a member of the following professional bodies:
- BACP: British association of counselling and psychotherapy.
- RSHom: Registered with the society of homeopaths.
Being an integrative counsellor, I am able to tailor the style of counselling to meet your needs and issues to make sure you will get the most out of the available treatments.
I hold the following qualifications and are clearly displayed in the therapy room.
( Please make it your responsibility to check that your therapist has the relevant qualifications and ask to see them!)
- B.med.sci.(speech)Hons.1st class-1989 Sheffield University.
- Diploma in Homeopathic medicine- NWCH.
- Counselling Diploma and counselling skills certificate- Bolton College
- Diploma CBT and certificate CBT- Salford College.
- Diploma in supervision-Inroadstraining.
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Hypno-psychotherapy.
- Couples counselling- Further and advanced, relate training model. Macclesfield training.
- Certificate in child and adolescent counselling skills & studies- MIP (Manchester Institute of Psychotherapy)
- Cert.drugs and alcohol awareness- Bolton
- Cert. Dual diagnosis- mental health and substance misuse-Bolton
I am insured with Howdens and have the enhanced certificate of CRB.
I graduated from Sheffield University with a 1st Class Honours degree in Speech science in 1989 and went on to work with both children and adults for Bolton NHS as a speech and language therapist. Later, I specialised in the treatment of autistic spectrum disorders. Following a career break to raise a family, I retrained as a counsellor and homeopath. Currently I run “Therapy 2 Go”, a private clinic, offering people counselling, CBT,hypnotherapy,supervision and homeopathy. Prior to this, I worked as a volunteer counsellor at MhIST for 2 years where I gained considerable experience in the treatment and management of mental health.
My special interests are:
- Stress management
- Anxiety and depression: mild -severe
- Low mood/depression
- Weight management
- Relationship/couples counselling
- Children and teenage counselling
- Low self esteem
- Eating disorders
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Transitions/life changes/career changes
- Healthy living and lifestyle changes
From a medical background in speech and language therapy and homeopathic medicine, I am suitably experienced in the understanding of a wide range of medical issues and the drugs used to manage these. I encourage clients to work closely with their GP or specialists when wishing to change /stop medication.